Inhalt des Dokuments
TOPACE Europe Awarded Persons 2003
- © Tower Person Award
Stavroula Lacovou of the Cyprus Consumers’ Association contributed on a high level of creativity and personal commitment to the promotion of Consumer Education in Cyprus.
The TOPACE Jury has acknowledged and evaluated her outstanding achievements and unanimously decided to award Mrs. Iacovou for her merits, which include initiative as well as cooperation and coordination, for instance in:
- setting up The School of Adult Consumer Education of the Cyprus Consumers’ Association in 1990
- carrying out a survey on the breakfast habits of Cypriot children (1991)
- organising seminars for teachers in Home Economics on the subject of Consumer Education (1992)
- organising seminars to develop Consumer Education lessons in Nicosia and Limassol (1997)
- running the competition Safe Food for All for primary and secondary school children aged 11 to 14 (1997/8)
Stavroula lacovou has also promoted Consumer Education as participant of numerous international conferences. She is a distinguished and active member of the European Network of Consumer Educators (ENCE).